With offices throughout England and as a full-service law firm with dedicated in-house education HR specialists, we provide high-quality expertise and advice on all legal and HR matters you face.
Independently recognised as one of the best education law practices in the country, we have a wealth of sector-specific knowledge and experience to assist you from managing your estate and construction projects, employment issues and funding matters, to protecting your commercial intellectual property (IP), health and safety matters, defamation and disputes.
With bases in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Exeter and our founding city of Nottingham, and with links across the globe, we’re a national law firm with international reach. Our 500+ Lexcel and ISO accredited lawyers and 980 professional service experts are bound together by our shared values. You will be able to access subject-specialist, leading lawyers and HR professionals who will draw upon their expertise of (often) high-profile cases to advise you.
What we do:
As thought leaders and market leaders, we often work hand-in-hand with clients across the most complex, politically sensitive and media-sensitive issues, and we’re dedicated to improving outcomes for every trust, school, institution and student we serve.
As a client you will benefit from our extensive breadth of expertise and informed advice on a wide range of matters including:
• trust evolution including academy conversions, transfers, collaboration and mergers
• employment and HR matters including executive remuneration, restructuring, performance management, reward and recognition
• governance reviews and strategic advice
• admissions, behaviour and exclusions matters
• commercial contracts, trading companies, joint ventures and IP
• professional development opportunities including outcome-focused training and executive coaching
• data protection and freedom of information requests
• health and safety – including regulatory matters and inquests
• insurance and RPA claims
• defamation and managing your reputation
• ESFA decision-making and the Academies Financial Handbook
• operational and strategic child protection and safeguarding advice and guidance
• OFSTED inspections and evaluations
• procurement processes, financing and funding
• school estate and construction matters
• SEN, equality and disability
How we help:
Getting to know how you operate and sharing experiences is central to the Browne Jacobson approach. We pride ourselves on helping you to do what is fundamentally right for your pupils and organisation, and we’ll bring a commercial, entrepreneurial quality to the conversation, with advice that is straightforward, practical, friendly and accessible.
Our practitioners operate out of a culture of high performance and are not interested in elongating engagements or issues. Instead, you’ll be given ‘if I were you’ advice, not lengthy considerations, to help you make decisions.
We deliver a high-quality service on every project and, with our competitive pricing, we’re committed to supporting you in the most cost-effective way.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.